Healthcare record and personal data requests
You have the right to request access to a copy of your/or your child’s personal data and find out what information is held about you/or your child in CHI on computer and manual records. You can also make a request for data to CHI under the legislative provisions of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2016 / Data Protection Act 1988-2018 or the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2014
What does the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2014 mean?
An FOI request can include both personal and non-personal information and must state that the request is being made under the FOI Act.
Under FOI legislation you have the following rights:
- To request access to a copy of your own or our child’s personal information
- To request to have personal information held on you or your child’s corrected or updated where such information is incomplete, incorrect or misleading.
- To request access to official records held by the hospital
- To be given reasons for decisions taken by the hospital that affect you or your child.
- If requesting access to personal records/information, you will be asked to provide a copy of photographic identification (i.e. drivers license, passport or public services card) before your records are released to you.
- You will be asked to provide a copy of evidence of legal guardianship (birth cert plus marriage cert to child’s mother OR court order OR signed consent declaration confirming guardianship).
Contact details for all healthcare records or GDPR/data protection requests
When making your request please provide the below information:
- State Patients Name, Date of Birth and address (current and previous)
- Confirm postal address for sending the records to, if different to above ensuring to provide EIRCODE
- Provide Hospital / chart number (if you have it?)
- Please give as much detail as possible about the records you are requesting access to, this will assist with processing your request in a timely manner
- Provide a mobile / contact number, in case we need to contact you about your request.
- Provide a copy of photographic identification (i.e. drivers license / passport / Public Services Card)
- Provide a copy of documentation proving guardianship where access to records relating to a child is being sought